Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who am I




David Herman’s Autobiography


“Who I am” has been determined by many factors which greatly influenced my life to date. My name is David Herman, and I was born and raised in Jersey Shore, which is a rural community in central Pennsylvania. I have a strong athletic background and a weak educational background due to my struggles with Dyslexia that went unresolved throughout my academic career. I attended college immediately after High School and majored in Architectural Technology. Due to personal funding constraints, I was unable to finish my degree. I entered the workforce as a full time Draftsman, which allowed me to use my talent for creative design and technical construction.
Before long I found the girl of my dreams and we married, had twins, bought a house, and then had another child. I fully intended to return to college to get a degree in education, but I didn’t get around to it for 13 years. I was motivated to return to college by my experiences with my own children’s after-school homework, as well as participation in my children’s classroom activities which allowed me to interact with teachers, support staff, and several levels of K-12 administration. When I became active in coaching for various sporting organizations, I loved the experience enough that I finally got up the nerve to apply to Lock Haven University. I have thirty-six years of life that have shaped me into the person I am today.

No comments: